Form P87 Tax Relief for Expenses of Employment

Your employees may be able to claim tax relief if they have to use their own money, and you haven’t reimbursed them, for travel or things that they must buy for their job.  For example;

– repairing or replacing small tools

– cleaning, repairing or replacing specialist clothing, for example, a uniform or  safety boots

– business mileage, where an employee uses their own vehicle or fuel costs, if using a company car

– travel and overnight expenses

– professional fees and subscriptions paid to some approved professional organisation


It’s free and easy to make a claim through HMRC. They just need to fill in a Form P87 here


Leave a Reply


Call Kent Payroll Bureau on 0333 320 7032

or Email